Friday, April 11, 2008

age

Stubborn as you may be, you can never disregard that you are getting along in the years. Conversations that should have been about the chick/hot guy sitting in (or on) the table next to you have been replaced by how much your kid needs for tuition, or where he/she is going to school (yes, it is enrollment time once again), or that you can actually be spending the money you're drinking with on bills and bills and bills. I don't really know why I'm extrapolating on it; all of us at this age is feeling it anyway. And nobody actually reads blogs at length so this is more cathartic than something for any of you who are still reading. Hehe. Maybe because I just paid a shitload of bills, maybe because I know people who did, or maybe because I don't have anything else to think about. Pathetic, I know. I have grown up a grown up. Where is the the peter pan that I was supposed to be? Where is the oliver, one of the vo trapp kids, or the annie with her daddy warbucks (used as an allusion and not signifying that i am gay)? Where is my happy ending as a child? I wonder. I wonder.

Well, at the very least I am still wondering. And wonder is somewhat a childlike passtime. Makes me smile when I really think about it. Delusions of youth. Haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home